Applicable to All Purchase Orders
Suppliers shall ensure that persons doing work under their control are aware of their contribution to product or service conformity; their contribution to product safety; and the importance of ethical behavior.
All items delivered shall be in accordance with general industry standards for good workmanship. Packaging shall protect the item from shipping damage. Electrostatic sensitive items shall be packaged to prevent static damage and conspicuously marked as static sensitive.
Supplier Notice of Change
- Drawing changes conducted by the supplier under this purchase order is limited to only those changes associated with supplier’s internal drawings so long as there is no impact/violation to the AMP drawings and specification requirements for dimensions, functional and test performance or material requirements. Changes that do impact/violate these requirements require prior AMP approval.
- Following first shipment of goods to AMP, supplier will notify AMP prior to any proposed change in configuration of supplier’s product including components; if, in AMP’s judgment the proposed change might affect the product’s use or performance in AMP’s assembly, the configuration change shall not be made without AMP’s written approval.
- Supplier shall provide written notice to AMP’s Buyer prior to implementation of changes to processes, products, or services, including changes of their external providers, changes to supplier’s ownership, manufacturing operations plant location and obtain organization’s approval.
- Provide test specimens for inspection/verification, investigation, or auditing for the prevent use of counterfeit parts.
- The requirements established under this clause apply for future purchase orders for the same item(s).
Items, products or materials not conforming to requirements of this Purchase Order/subcontract, drawing, specification, test, etc. shall not be shipped to AMP without prior written approval of AMP. The notification shall describe the nonconformance in detail, the quantity, and the cause and corrective action to preclude a recurrence. Failure to comply will result in return of the shipment at the supplier’s expense and will affect supplier rating.
Note: The only authorized material review board (MRB) activity conducted by the supplier under this purchase order is limited to only those non-conformances associated with supplier’s internal drawings so long as there is no impact/violation to the AMP drawings and specifications requirements for dimensions, functional and test performance or material requirements. Changes that do impact/violate these requirements require prior AMP written approval as stated above.
Precedence of Requirements
In the case of conflicting requirements, the following order of precedence will apply AMP Purchase order, AMP Quality Clauses, Drawing, Material & Process Specification then General Terms & Conditions.
We recommend suppliers implement a quality management system and should have a Business Continuity Plan/Disaster Recovery Plan in place.
Right of Access
During the performance of this purchase order, your Quality Assurance or Inspection and Manufacturing process are subject to review, verification and analysis by AMP, AMP ‘s customers, and/or Government/Regulatory Agency representative(s). This requirement is applicable to your facilities where AMP products and services are processed as well as your sub-tier’s facilities. This ‘Right of Access’ must be flowed down to all of the sub-tiers that you utilize in performance of the contract.
The Supplier shall maintain adequate records of all aspects of the fulfillment of the purchase order for a period of not less than fifteen (15) years from the closing of the purchase order unless stated otherwise on the purchase order.